In 2017 gaining visibility online is almost mandatory. With so many different outlets and website builders available it is sometimes hard to pick one or differentiate between them. WordPress makes creating, building, and implementing SEO best practices easy, Even for a beginner!
Why WordPress for SEO?
WordPress as a system is built very well. WordPress is created in such a way that “out of the box” it has many features that follow best web practices and tend to rank better then a lot of other website builders. These are a few reasons I choose WordPress for SEO when I am building a website.
1. Mobile Responsive (Pre loaded with 3 free mobile responsive themes)
2. Clean Code (Always being updated.)
3. Fast Load Time (Structured to serve visitors information quickly.)
4. Many SEO Plugins to choose from (Thousands of Developers building extensions and plugins to make sites easier and more powerful.)
5. Dashboard/Interface is Simple and easy to navigate (Anyone can learn.)
6. WordPress App to Post on the go (Keep your audience up to date with the Apple or Android WordPress App.)
7. Social Integration (Makes sharing and connecting on Social Networks simple.)
What are the best SEO plugins for WordPress?
The great thing about WordPress is the vast amount of plugins (extensions that make tasks easier) and documentation available for almost any web project. My favorite WordPress store is called Themeforest.
Once you have created your project you have a problem…Allowing people to find you online. My go to plugin that assists me when building a website that I want found in search is called Yoast SEO. Yoast is a great tool gives you the ability to easily update and implement SEO tactics. These are a few capabilities for each page or post on your website.
1. Edit Title Tags (55-65 character Page Title based on the topic of your page or post. This is the main title that shows up in search results.)
2. Edit Meta Descriptions ( 165 character page description that shows up in search results for a specific page.)
3. Add XML Sitemap (Sitemap is a list of pages, posts, images, categories & tags. You submit this page to search engines for indexing to keep them updated.)
4. Grade Your Page’s SEO (Tells you if your page is seo optimized based on the keyword you provide on that page)
Other SEO Plugins that might be helpful:
1. Yoast Local SEO (Enhances local search.)
2. Yoast Video Sitemap (Helps SEO for videos by generating an XML sitemap and sends can send video to be indexed by search engines.)
3. W3 Total Cache (Speeds up webpage load time.)
4. My Backup Pro (Makes a copy of your website in case it needs to be restored.)
5. Contact Form 7 (Generate website leads directly from your website.)
I hope this article post was helpful.